Wood Street, Steele, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Wood Street, Steele, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:13 pm

*originally recorded on 4-16-24*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG gate lights.

After catching A54, I decided to go down to this crossing in the town of Steele, as I hadn't recorded anything in this town yet and I remembered that this crossing would make for a decent angle for this train. After a bit of waiting, we get to see my fourth and final train of the day: NS 179 with an H2 BNSF Dash-9 leading an NS Dash-9 and an NS (ex-CEFX) AC44CW for power! It was definitely nice finally being able to catch one of these ex-CEFX AC44s, even if it was trailing. While I was here, I also got to meet AGSNorthProductions, which was nice.

This crossing is another decent one, featuring another 2000s NS install that's essentially almost entirely original still. At some point, NS restriped the gate arms, and you can still see a bit of the old diagonal striping sticking out at the base of the closer one. Still nice to get another crossing on the AGS North filmed though.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/R-Z/Steele/Wood/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.