Pickens Street, Livingston, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Pickens Street, Livingston, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:23 pm

*originally recorded on 4-27-24*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.

After getting the pedestrian signals in downtown York documented, I saw Amtrak 20 was getting close to Meridian so I decided to hop on up to this crossing in Livingston. After a little while of waiting here (during which a hi-rail truck doing a heat patrol came through), Amtrak 20 eventually finally came flying through with a pair of ALC-42s for power.

This crossing is another pretty decent one, featuring what appears to have originally been a late-90s NS install. Unfortunately, at some point (in the 2000s, if I had to guess, though maybe the early-2010s), the original GS Type 1 e-bell here was replaced with the current GS Type 2 e-bell, though no further major changes appear to have occurred here. It appears that the capacitor that delays the gates beginning to lower here has gone bad though, given that they begin to descend immediately upon activation. Thankfully, the bell here does ring while the gates are down, which is rather nice to see. The crossbuck on the closer signal also seems to be a bit wonky.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.