Arundel Road #1, Arundel, MS

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Arundel Road #1, Arundel, MS

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:29 pm

*originally recorded on 4-27-24*

Signal on the left: 4 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a Safetran gate mechanism, RECO LED gate lights, and an NEG LED gate light.
Signal on the right: 4 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a Safetran mechanical bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.

After I caught Amtrak 20, I knew they were going to meet Amtrak 19 to my north, so I hopped back onto I-20/I-59 and made my way to the small, unincorporated community of Arundel, MS, along the NS NO&NE District. As I got off of the interstates, however, I found NS 131 working the yard in Meridian, and was soon to depart. As such, I got set-up here and waited for them. Here we get to see NS 131 once again going through a crossing as it heads southwest for New Orleans, this time with a friendly crew aboard.

This crossing is a great one, and is honestly probably the best one along the NS NO&NE District, in my opinion. The signals here are an early to mid-70s SOU install, but, in the 1980s or 90s, it appears, NS replaced the original bell here with the current Safetran mechanical bell. Then, in the 2000s, all of the lights here and the relay case were replaced with the current ones. Thankfully, since then, no further major changes have occurred to this crossing. I definitely wanted to make sure I at least got this crossing, as it retains the last NS-owned mechanical bell along the NO&NE District, so I'm glad to see it's still here. Sadly, it's definitely starting to sound a bit worn-out, so hopefully it gets some TLC before too long. The closer signal's gate mech also needs some work, based on how the gate arm on it appears to lower. Either way though, this is a great crossing, and I'm glad I got it recorded when I did.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Mississippi/A ... /Arundel1/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.