Favorite Electronic Bell

Want to know what other people think about signals? Ask here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

What is your favorite Electronic Bell?

WCH whatever
6%
GS Type 1
30%
GS Type 2
8%
Safetran type 1
36%
Safetran type 2
4%
Safetran type 3
6%
US&S
No votes
ASC E bell
11%

Total votes: 53
McK&H.Aust

Re: Favorite Electronic Bell

Post by McK&H.Aust » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:27 pm

1) General Signals Type 1

2) WCH

Changed my vote to GS type 1. I don't know why GS changed the sound, they had it right the first time. The type 3 is an improvement, but still not as good as the type 1's. My ultimate e-bell would be the chip from a type 1 installed in a WCH housing!

I like any type of WCH as long as the ring rate and volume are set correctly, too slow or fast and they are annoying. I like the look of the housing and the fact they are aluminum, not PVC. I know a couple of them that are in very dirty environments (coal dust, salt air) and so far they have lasted around 15 years. I also like the fact they have their own unique sound, most of the others sound very similar. I still prefer mechanical bells.
TrickyMario7654

Post by TrickyMario7654 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:39 pm

I'm not really a huge fan of E-Bells in general. (Hybrid and Teardrop bells 4ever!!!! :Grin: ) But if I had to pick one E-Bell, I'll have to say General Signals Type 1. I like how they sound higher pitched than most E-Bells available. The bad news is that I only know of one crossing in Melbourne that has them (Macaulay Road, Kensington).
Last edited by TrickyMario7654 on Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:28 pm

TrickyMario7654 wrote:I'm not really a huge fan of E-Bells in general. (Hybrid and Teardrop bells 4ever!!!! :Grin: ) But if I had to pick one E-Bell, I'll have to say General Signals Type 1. I like how they sound higher pitched than most E-Bells available. The bad news is that I only know of one crossing in Melbourne that has them (Macaulay Road, Keningston).
You should record that crossing.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
TrickyMario7654

Post by TrickyMario7654 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:45 pm

freebrickproductions wrote:
TrickyMario7654 wrote:I'm not really a huge fan of E-Bells in general. (Hybrid and Teardrop bells 4ever!!!! :Grin: ) But if I had to pick one E-Bell, I'll have to say General Signals Type 1. I like how they sound higher pitched than most E-Bells available. The bad news is that I only know of one crossing in Melbourne that has them (Macaulay Road, Keningston).
You should record that crossing.
I don't think I can. It's on the other side of Melbourne...
UnionPacific4Life

Post by UnionPacific4Life » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:06 pm

EDIT: Safetran Type 1, GS type 1 is second. 3rd is WCH Gen 1 Type 1
Proud owner of a Safetran 3rd Gen M-Bell, a GS Type 2 bell, a dead GS type 1 bell, a WRRS M-bell, and a US&S H-2 searchlight signal.
Why does everyone copy my signature?

OG signal collection signature, I think. :LOL2: