NS Chicago line Questions

Talk about other non-signal stuff here. Make sure to obey the rules though.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

NSsignal

NS Chicago line Questions

Post by NSsignal » Thu May 11, 2023 2:52 pm

So I’ve been wanting to railfan the NS Chicago line for a while but unfortunately most of the towns that it goes through in Illinois are very dangerous especially saying that it goes through the south side entering Gary Indiana which is notorious for violence. And of course violence is always in the industrial areas which is where trains run. If anyone has an Idea of how I would like to know. By the way im refraining from a multi day trip so going into Indiana will not work.
Check out my Roblox group called Railroad Town Replicators. We have games based in real world towns and we primary make signals. And no I’m not asking for R$ or likes. The one who is too interested in railroad crossing signals but you can’t be too intrested.
freebrickproductions

Re: NS Chicago line Questions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:40 am

Having railfanned in a number of less-than-desirable areas before, my suggestion is just to mind your own business and try not to start stuff. You very much aren't likely to be randomly attacked by people there, but do keep an eye on your camera(s) and other personal belongings/equipment.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
NSsignal

Re: NS Chicago line Questions

Post by NSsignal » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:07 am

Alright I also realized there aren’t any railroad crossings until you get into Indiana besides one which is not the best place
Check out my Roblox group called Railroad Town Replicators. We have games based in real world towns and we primary make signals. And no I’m not asking for R$ or likes. The one who is too interested in railroad crossing signals but you can’t be too intrested.