Whew!

Discuss current and upcoming weather events here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

owensri
Site Admin

Whew!

Post by owensri » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:00 am

Dang, did we get pounded this morning with a strong storm! The winds gusted between 40 and 50 MPH...and we got pea-dime sized hail. I got a video of it...and I'll have it up later. The strongest storm I've seen in years here... :Blink:
TrainmanKight
Site Admin

Re: Whew!

Post by TrainmanKight » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:35 am

owensri wrote:Dang, did we get pounded this morning with a strong storm! The winds gusted between 40 and 50 MPH...and we got pea-dime sized hail. I got a video of it...and I'll have it up later. The strongest storm I've seen in years here... :Blink:
How'd that Pvc pipe thing you guys call a bell last :Tongue2:
50 mph hem if you had a longer gate it might be broken
btw do you use Fiberglass or Aluminum gates
anyways looking foward to seeing that storm ill watch it when i get back home in 2 weeks
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin
People who need a foot up their Ass affect the lives of many. There is still no cure for someone who needs a foot up their Ass, except a foot up their Ass
I speak my mind, if you don't like that oh well. I'll have you fill out a hurt feelings report and submit that to my office.
Be Sure To See My YouTube Account http://www.youtube.com/user/TrainmanKight
owensri
Site Admin

Post by owensri » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:49 pm

Here's the radar image just 2-5 minutes before the winds and hail hit:
radar.JPG
radar.JPG (107.8 KiB) Viewed 6061 times
Here's the video:

Smjh1979
Site Admin

Post by Smjh1979 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:00 pm

Looks like a typical monsoon-like thunderstorm to me.

I didn't mention this before, but on Sunday July 5, we got between 1.5 to 2" of rain in one hour. It looked like a waterfall outside. There was hail, but only about pea sized, like this storm.

When it was raining so hard, it was flooding the backyard. Overnight though, it was all gone. No mud! That's how dry it is out here.

The rain appeared to be pretty heavy in that video. Our winds were a little gusty, but not at 50 MPH. Maybe 30 tops for us.

Still, I'd like something like that with that heavy rain to happen more often around here.
cabman701

Post by cabman701 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:52 pm

Good job on the video. That was a big storm... especially for it being in the morning. Usually those type of storms show up in the late afternoon / early evening.