To Tell The Truth is back....

My other hobby: Game Shows! Discuss here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

Steven429

To Tell The Truth is back....

Post by Steven429 » Thu May 21, 2020 7:58 pm

......and i'm not a fan of it. (woah, it's been a year since anything has been posted here.)
One of the old panel shows, To Tell The Truth was a pretty neat show with Bud Collyer, Garry Moore, and Joe Garagiola being the first three (and most well known) hosts. I wasn't around to see this when it first aired, yet I do get to see them on YouTube, and it's fun to watch, especially since you had well known people that almost never showed their face.

So the new ABC version? :TDOWN: We have a wooden set, lounge chairs :Eeeeek: , gimmicky looking clipboards, and of course, dumb jokes after each sentence :aaargh: . Honestly, they. might as well rebrand it from "game show" to "talk show" or "comedy" seeing how thats what it seems like now. (along with all of the ABC game shows.)
But that's just my :2cents:
LARDLOGO

Re: To Tell The Truth is back....

Post by LARDLOGO » Fri May 29, 2020 7:03 pm

Not a big fan of what Fremantle is doing to their revived game shows. WHY do they have to be an hour long? Shows like Card Sharks are not meant to be that long. Not a big fan of the second half of the revived Press Your Luck either. It just seems like a giant Deal or No Deal ripoff.

Regarding TTTT, it just seems too gimmicky for my liking. D'arcy is extremely annoying, and like I said before, IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE AN HOUR LONG.
Railfanning since December 28, 2009!