WABCO Bell

This part is for people who are looking for particular crossing signal parts or complete signals themselves. Do not put wayside signal parts in this forum.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

AlvinAZ

Re: WABCO Bell

Post by AlvinAZ » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:42 am

I figure you'd rather have an original coil but a guy can wind a replacement coil.
Never did it myself but the older guys in the System Signal Shop told me how
they used to wind coils for relays etc quite a bit. :) I can't describe how they'd
look off hand but remember being able to recognize them after they told me
about 'em and described the process they used. :)

Alvin in AZ
ps-
If you run across some older rebuilt relays from Oakland or Sacramento shops...
Mel Waits (MOW) and Wayne Troyer (WT) were the two old guys I mean there.
I inherited a wax stamp and used it from the Oakland relay shop but also made
a smaller diameter one for the new;) plastic based relays. I've still got 'em.
My stuff is marked AJ.
AlvinAZ

Re: WABCO Bell

Post by AlvinAZ » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:08 pm

SouthernPacificLines wrote: I actually don't care if its original as long as it works lol!
Cool :)

I'll bet in only an hour or two, between Google and You Tube, you'll know more about
winding coils than I ever did. :)

Keep us posted with your ideas etc and turn this into a "how to repair a bell thread"?

----------------

Bell repair wasn't considered a critical repair like relays, switch machines, electric locks
and U5 boxes. If you could get it to work and willing to sign your name to it, it was
your call. :)

DNL-4's, FN16's, FN-27's and others like the KP relays, fell into that same category
since they had solid metal "front" contacts and could be "welded" into an energized
position because of those solid silver contacts, they weren't used in "critical circuits".

Alvin in AZ