CSX stalled vehicle sign and dot tag wanted.

This part is for people who are looking for particular crossing signal parts or complete signals themselves. Do not put wayside signal parts in this forum.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

artfull dodger

CSX stalled vehicle sign and dot tag wanted.

Post by artfull dodger » Sun May 07, 2017 8:02 pm

I am looking for the small rectangle sign that CSX puts on the lower portion of the mast for who to call if the signal malfunctions or stalled vehicle on the track. My new set up has the mounts on the mast for this small sign, but I lack the sign. Also missing the dot tag and bands. Would like to replace these items on the mast to put the signal like it was when in service. Thanks Mike
Silly NT's...I have Asperger's Syndrome!
ZachL

Re: CSX stalled vehicle sign and dot tag wanted.

Post by ZachL » Sun May 07, 2017 8:21 pm

You could always find a signal maintainer and see if they have one to spare.
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
artfull dodger

Post by artfull dodger » Sun May 07, 2017 9:01 pm

I dont happen on them for that railroad very often as it is not local. NS is our local lines. Figured I would cover all my basis and post here as well. But yes, If I come across a CSX maintainer, I will try to ask. Mike
ZachL

Post by ZachL » Mon May 08, 2017 1:07 pm

Just curious, but is there any reason in particular you need a CSX DOT tag and not one from any other railroad? Or why you need a DOT tag period?

If you need one just for the sake of authenticity, then I really see no reason to need one because a signal project is just as fine without one, IMO.
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
artfull dodger

Post by artfull dodger » Mon May 08, 2017 1:26 pm

The signal is off the old Monon part of the CSX from just north of Linden, IN. Just wanting to put it back the way it was while in service. Probably would have had a L&N dot tag at one time. I guess I could cut the bands for the mounts for the stalled vehicle sign and do away with it. But for now I will wait and see if I can find one of the signs. Mike
cabman701

Post by cabman701 » Mon May 08, 2017 2:39 pm

artfull dodger wrote:The signal is off the old Monon part of the CSX from just north of Linden, IN. Just wanting to put it back the way it was while in service. Probably would have had a L&N dot tag at one time. I guess I could cut the bands for the mounts for the stalled vehicle sign and do away with it. But for now I will wait and see if I can find one of the signs. Mike
Just throwing this out there... but maybe take an up close photo of one (off an existing crossing)... then print it and laminate it? It would at least work as temporary option until you can get your hands on the real thing.
nickrink

Post by nickrink » Wed May 10, 2017 6:32 pm

artfull dodger wrote:I am looking for the small rectangle sign that CSX puts on the lower portion of the mast for who to call if the signal malfunctions or stalled vehicle on the track. My new set up has the mounts on the mast for this small sign, but I lack the sign. Also missing the dot tag and bands. Would like to replace these items on the mast to put the signal like it was when in service. Thanks Mike
I just saw one on ebay a few days ago. I just looked to see if it was still there and it seems like it's gone.