Problems with Trainz

Post all Trainz pictures and video here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum

Problems with Trainz

Post by ToledoRailfan » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:16 pm

I have been having problems with Trainz, I recently re installed it on my new computer, at first it did not have much lag of frame rate, but one time there was a weird glitch that messed up the graphics with some disappearing and being misshaped, but recently the frame rate has dropped and the graphic glitch is happening more frequently, and at random Intervals, the sim just freezes for sometime almost up to a minute, the sim would either un freeze itself or crash. I am considering switching to MSTS or Railworks but I have not made a decision yet.
LARDLOGO

Re: Problems with Trainz

Post by LARDLOGO » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:13 pm

Which version of TRS is it? I have had this problem before I think.... Does it look like the graphics level goes down a lot or anything like it. Looks like a DirectX problem to me.
Railfanning since December 28, 2009!
ToledoRailfan

Post by ToledoRailfan » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:13 pm

LARDLOGO wrote:Which version of TRS is it? I have had this problem before I think.... Does it look like the graphics level goes down a lot or anything like it. Looks like a DirectX problem to me.
I have trainz 2012, the problems with the graphics is that sometimes the sky or the texture will change into weird colors and the models mess up, its kind of hard to explain, I'll try to get a screenshot and/or video of it.
ToledoRailfan

Post by ToledoRailfan » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:05 am

LARDLOGO wrote:Which version of TRS is it? I have had this problem before I think.... Does it look like the graphics level goes down a lot or anything like it. Looks like a DirectX problem to me.
Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYPieHKSj3E
NSrailfan4life

Post by NSrailfan4life » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:21 pm

ToledoRailfan wrote:I have been having problems with Trainz, I recently re installed it on my new computer, at first it did not have much lag of frame rate, but one time there was a weird glitch that messed up the graphics with some disappearing and being misshaped, but recently the frame rate has dropped and the graphic glitch is happening more frequently, and at random Intervals, the sim just freezes for sometime almost up to a minute, the sim would either un freeze itself or crash. I am considering switching to MSTS or Railworks but I have not made a decision yet.
This is just a graphics card update issue. Normally default cards that come with your computer tend to do this to the sim. Before I Upgraded my card I had the same issue. It does not have to be a fancy schmancy one either. Any will work.
C.E.O. of Nelsons Trainsim Store Nelson Acosta: Our Webpage: http://trafficlight658.wix.com/nelsonstrainsimstore
ToledoRailfan

Post by ToledoRailfan » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:02 pm

NSrailfan4life wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:I have been having problems with Trainz, I recently re installed it on my new computer, at first it did not have much lag of frame rate, but one time there was a weird glitch that messed up the graphics with some disappearing and being misshaped, but recently the frame rate has dropped and the graphic glitch is happening more frequently, and at random Intervals, the sim just freezes for sometime almost up to a minute, the sim would either un freeze itself or crash. I am considering switching to MSTS or Railworks but I have not made a decision yet.
This is just a graphics card update issue. Normally default cards that come with your computer tend to do this to the sim. Before I Upgraded my card I had the same issue. It does not have to be a fancy schmancy one either. Any will work.
How much did the one that you get cost?
ToledoRailfan

Post by ToledoRailfan » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:07 pm

The sim also lags in frame rate a lot and sometimes freezes too. It also sometimes crashes, could that also be related to the graphics card?
NSrailfan4life

Post by NSrailfan4life » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:21 am

ToledoRailfan wrote:The sim also lags in frame rate a lot and sometimes freezes too. It also sometimes crashes, could that also be related to the graphics card?
Well you are correct. It is. I have had 3 different computers, and Had ts06-12 on them. LAG ALL THE WAY!!! Somehow default graphics chipsets are always weak for train sims. A good/decent graphics card will land at about 50 bucks depending all on the brand. Although I recommend NVIDIA for the best results! :Smile:
C.E.O. of Nelsons Trainsim Store Nelson Acosta: Our Webpage: http://trafficlight658.wix.com/nelsonstrainsimstore