Question for the Users of this Forum

Discussion on this very website and/or forum is talked about here. Not happy with HostMDS's crash? Speak your mind here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

Which do you like best in the site updates?

I like seeing the new content.
33%
I like seeing any old signals/equipment that still exist and weren't known about and/or documented before.
27%
I like seeing updates to crossings already on the site.
18%
I like to watch the videos that get added.
6%
I don't care about the site updates, I'm here for the forums!
3%
Other (please elaborate in a reply).
12%

Total votes: 33
freebrickproductions

Question for the Users of this Forum

Post by freebrickproductions » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:09 pm

I've been curious to see what y'all like to see in the updates that we do to the site, so I talked it over with the other two admins and we decided it'd be a good idea to ask y'all about it.
I'll probably leave this up until the end of May.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
brett nc railfanner

Re: Question for the Users of this Forum

Post by brett nc railfanner » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:23 pm

Can you allow revote. I was going to choose everything. :cool:
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:46 pm

brett nc railfanner wrote:Can you allow revote. I was going to choose everything. :cool:
Done.

ZachL

Post by ZachL » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:11 pm

I understand if the other admins have personal lives and whatnot, but it'd be nice to see interactivity from all site staff within the forums that way it can really exemplify the meaning of what a community is, and not just serve as a message board for folks to read.

Also, maybe have submissions from other states than Ohio/Alabama. It seems that a lot of the updates from within the past year have come from those two states. Maybe y'all should encourage that submissions are open and not closed that way maybe we could have more areas on the site and not just the areas covered by those who update the site.

Just my :2cents:
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:44 pm

ZachL wrote:I understand if the other admins have personal lives and whatnot, but it'd be nice to see interactivity from all site staff within the forums that way it can really exemplify the meaning of what a community is, and not just serve as a message board for folks to read.
I know Gillson just has a busy life in general, so he isn't on much (except late at night, probably just to make sure the forum hasn't self destructed during the day :Tongue2:), and Tommy is usually busy working behind the scenes half of the year, and busy working at Cedar Point the other half of the year.
ZachL wrote: Also, maybe have submissions from other states than Ohio/Alabama. It seems that a lot of the updates from within the past year have come from those two states. Maybe y'all should encourage that submissions are open and not closed that way maybe we could have more areas on the site and not just the areas covered by those who update the site.

Yea, that is true. Mostly because Tommy and I got a lot of crossings from those areas that we are still putting up on the site. I know we have some stuff from Michigan, Virginia, Tennessee, and Kentucky in the queue to be put up on the site as well, which I'll be getting too soon, especially since I'm going to be working on getting updates out on a weekly bases once summer vacation starts, though I'll have to slow the updates back down after I start college.

McK&H.Aust

Post by McK&H.Aust » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:18 am

I couldn't make up my mind so I voted "other". I enjoy all parts of the site. I almost voted for the old equipment option because I do have a soft spot for that kind of thing. Then I realised that technology is changing so fast, today's new equipment will become old in just a few years time. I think it's good to have a balance of the old and new.

I'm not too worried if there are more updates from some states compared to others. I guess it depends on where people live and how much time they can spare to contribute. I am grateful to anyone who takes the time to share what's going on in their part of the world.

I don't think anyone expects the admin staff to slave away trying to make the site perfect, they are volunteers after all, and it should be a hobby not a chore.
cabman701

Post by cabman701 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:50 pm

McK&H.Aust wrote:I couldn't make up my mind so I voted "other". I enjoy all parts of the site. I almost voted for the old equipment option because I do have a soft spot for that kind of thing. Then I realised that technology is changing so fast, today's new equipment will become old in just a few years time. I think it's good to have a balance of the old and new.

I'm not too worried if there are more updates from some states compared to others. I guess it depends on where people live and how much time they can spare to contribute. I am grateful to anyone who takes the time to share what's going on in their part of the world.

I don't think anyone expects the admin staff to slave away trying to make the site perfect, they are volunteers after all, and it should be a hobby not a chore.
I pretty much fall into the same category. I am more interested in older equipment, oddball installs, or updated crossings. An update with a bunch of "plain" crossings (2 signals with gates) are nice, but 20 of them in the same update kind of get a little boring to me.
LARDLOGO

Post by LARDLOGO » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:05 pm

ZachL wrote:I understand if the other admins have personal lives and whatnot, but it'd be nice to see interactivity from all site staff within the forums that way it can really exemplify the meaning of what a community is, and not just serve as a message board for folks to read.

Also, maybe have submissions from other states than Ohio/Alabama. It seems that a lot of the updates from within the past year have come from those two states. Maybe y'all should encourage that submissions are open and not closed that way maybe we could have more areas on the site and not just the areas covered by those who update the site.

:BUMP: Sorry, but I have some good news to share......

I just graduated from high school and I'm taking a year off. Expect some photos from Washington within the next month. I mean it this time. The reason why I didn't post beforehand was because of school.
Railfanning since December 28, 2009!
weatherdan882002

Post by weatherdan882002 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:14 pm

Don't really have a preference, I just like seeing any updates!