CR 25, Center Hill, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

CR 25, Center Hill, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed May 08, 2024 12:47 pm

*originally recorded on 5-1-24*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, an NEG electronic bell, an Invensys Rail gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, an NEG electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

Once M646 got into the siding, @madisoncountysirens4295 and I stopped in Jemison for some new charging cables for our phones before continuing on up to this crossing just outside of Jemison in the unincorporated community of Center Hill. Here we saw M523, but, unfortunately, due to my own mistake, I accidentally shut-off my camera as it was passing so I had to scrap that video. Thankfully, there wasn't anything too interesting power-wise, but I am still a bit pissed, not just for my own stupidity, but also for the fact that the late-afternoon lighting was just about perfect here. As well, I suppose I can always try returning again here one late-afternoon. Either way, as they were meeting M646 in Jemison, we stuck around here and, a little while later, CSX M646 came through once again, this time during the twilight hours just after sunset. I imagine @madisoncountysirens4295 will get his video of M523 up at some point.

This crossing is a pretty decent one, if a bit more of a modern one. The signals here were installed by CSX in either 2014 or 2015, and basically haven't changed since then. Interestingly, it appears that CSX chose to reuse a Safetran gate mech on the closer signal here, or it was also New Old Stock they had on-hand at the time. Amusingly, the first time I visited this crossing back in 2017, I somehow completely missed the relay case here, which is to the right of my camera (off screen). I did snag a photo of it for the site this time around though, at the very least.

https://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/A-F/ ... Hill/CR25/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.