Denson Avenue, Boaz, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Denson Avenue, Boaz, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:47 pm

*originally recorded on 12-27-19*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a WCH Type 4 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and Progress Rail(?) gate lights.

This was the third crossing I caught the ATN at. I hadn't quite realized just how much quicker the ATN rolls through the Albertville/Boaz area now, and as a result, I was only just able to beat them to this crossing via pure luck. Unfortunately, I think this means that all future chases through here will either feature Albertville or Boaz, but not both, more than likely.

This crossing is another pretty decent one, being an early to mid-2000s CSX install that's still largely original. Of course, sometime between 2016 and 2019, the ATN replaced the original General Signals e-bell on the closer signal with the current WCH Type 4 e-bell, and neither gate arm nor none of the gate lights are original. However, it is pretty nice to see more of these incandescent Progress Rail(?) gate lights, especially since this is the last crossing on the ATN to have them. Unfortunately, they might not be around for too much longer, as one of them appears to be burnt out.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/A-F/Boaz/Denson/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.