Lake Katherine Road, Tunnel Hill, GA

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Lake Katherine Road, Tunnel Hill, GA

Post by freebrickproductions » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:25 pm

*originally recorded on 1-11-24*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with Leotek EV Series LEDs, a WCH mechanical bell, a WCH gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with Leotek EV Series LEDs, an NEG electronic bell, a WCH gate mechanism, RECO LED gate lights, and a RECO gate light.

On January 11th, I got on up and got on out over to the CSX W&A Subdivision to see about getting some of the older/more interesting crossing signals along the line filmed, especially ones with WCH gate mechs. This was the first crossing I got to, where, after less than 20 minutes of waiting, I was thankfully able to get this CSX M648 heading north through it with a pair of ES44AHs pulling and a CM44AC working as the mid-train DPU.

This crossing is a rather nice one, featuring a nice, mostly-original WCH SBD install from the 1980s. In the mid to late-2010s, CSX upgraded this crossing to LED, which EthantheRailfanner found when he visited it back in 2019 (his video of which can be seen here). Unfortunately, sometime within the past few years the WCH mechanical bell on the closer signal must've died, causing it to be replaced with the current NEG e-bell. Since 2019 as well, most of the gate lights here were replaced, with the far signal getting a set of NEG LEDs, and the closer signal having two of its RECO incandescents being replaced with a pair of reused RECO LEDs. Thankfully, the closer signal still retains an incandescent gate light on the tip, which is nice to see.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Georgia/R-Z/T ... Katherine/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.